Surveying has traditionally been defined as the science and art of determining relative positions of points above, on, or beneath the surface of the earth, or establishing such points. However, surveying can be regarded as that discipline which encompasses all methods of gathering and processing information about the physical earth and environment.
The event will challenge the students to apply classroom knowledge of surveying in order to solve a real problem. This event provides an insight into planning part of an engineer and hones the planning skill of participants.
The participant students must be currently pursuing education (undergraduate or postgraduate) in a recognized institute. The participants may be asked to furnish the supporting documents as to prove the fore mentioned criteria.
1. The competition will be organized in 2 stages during MINARE at NIT ROURKELA.
2. The PRELIMINARY round will aim to float initial challenge to all the participants. There will be a problem statement whose solution will have to be submitted in the given time limit.
3. Participants will be short listed for final round on the basis of the merit of their submission. Short listed participants will be eligible to appear for the next round of the event.
1. The first round will include a question on model of some surveying events.
2. In the second round, you will be given a set of surveying instruments to solve the problem statement within the stipulated time limit and calculate and submit the solution with proper write up.
3. The decision of the judges would be final and binding.
4. Only Top three teams will get certificate of merit. However other teams would get a certificate of participation.
5. General protocols of handling a survey instrument must be followed.
6. Participants cannot take the help of external sources including mobiles and friends help while on the field.
7. Participants showing any involvement with judge will be disqualified. .