Geology has the vital role to the mining industry because it helps to ensure that the minerals are efficiently extracted from the deposit for maximum profit and to locate deposits of important minerals and determine whether the quantities are large enough to make mining economically viable.
This provides the mining engineer with details of the location, structure and distribution of ore in a deposit. Furthermore, it delineates the ore reserves on which the mine's life depends, using geo-scientific techniques to predict the grade and structure of ore bodies in unknown areas. It plays a crucial role in the optimization of the ore body and is intimately involved in the mine planning.
The participants must be currently pursuing education (undergraduate or postgraduate in Mining Engineering) in a recognized institute.
The event will be organized in two rounds:
1.First round will be a quiz related round. Simple questions related to geology will be asked and the selected teams will go to the next round.
2.Second round will be based on identification of rocks and their properties.
1. Only teams who have registered online would be able to participate.
2. This is a team event and each team would contain a maximum of TWO participants.
3. Students from different colleges can form a single team.
4. In case of any discrepancy, the decision of the judges would be final and binding.
5. For the overall event, only the participants of the top three teams would be awarded certificate of merit. However, other participants would get a certificate of participation.